A. Terminology and meaning:
The 10 point must system of judging: 10-10 if the standard of the fighters is equal.
10-9 if one fighter is better.
10-8 if opponent is K.O. or ref stoppage opponent overpowered.
A body kick or punch that stuns the opponent will be a knockout (K.O.) win. The referee will make point deductions. The fight takes place in a ring (four, six or eight corners) or a 6m x 6m impact mat. There will be a referee, head point official, 3 judges, timekeeper and a medical assistant.
All competitors must wear long pants and tops (GI, suit or the relevant organizations outfit).
A RCFA logo MUST be on the outside left leg of their pants.
Head guard, gum guard, groin guard, shin guards, foot guard’s boot, 10oz boxing gloves for all categories, and a chest protector for female fighters.
B. Age Categories:
Toddler competitions will be a separate division.
Juniors will be from age 6-17 years.
Seniors is from age 18-40 years.
Veterans is from age 41 and older.
C. Semi Contact:
This will be used only for amateur development.
First three grading’s will only be able to make use of straight, hook and uppercut controlled punches to the face and full power straight, hook and uppercut punches to the body. Full power front-, roundhouse and sidekicks to the body. These kicks will not be allowed to the head or face. Inside- and outside foot-to-foot sweep (boot to boot) to take the balance of opponent is allowed. No spinning and jumping punches or kicks are allowed.
Duration of bout: 1-minute If it is a draw an extension of 30 seconds will be added. There can only be two extensions.
2. Advanced Division:
The next four grading’s all the above-mentioned kicks may target the head, but must be controlled. Full power front kick, sidekick, roundhouse kick and back kick to the body. The back hand (no spinning back hand), spinning back kick and jumping front kick are allowed.
Duration of bout: 2 x 1-minute rounds with 30 seconds rest. If it is a draw an extension of 30 seconds will be added. There can only be two extensions
3. Open division Brown and Black belts:
All punches and kicks allowed, controlled to the head and face and full power to the body. All spinning and jumping kicks are allowed.
Duration of bout: 3 x 1-minute rounds with 30 seconds rest. If it’s a draw an extension of 30 seconds will be added. There can only be two extensions.
NB: Some of the above determinations may be waived at certain tournaments depending on the decision of the tournament organizer and permission from the Master/National President. However in Semi Contact / Millennium all kicks and punches may not be full power to the head. It must be controlled. This rule may not be waived.
D. Techniques not allowed: No Spinning backhand No Knee kick No Low kicks to tight or calves No Low kicks to the groin No Elbow strikes No Clinching No Throws No punches or kicks to the back or back of the head.
E. Warnings Referee can give warnings and point deductions for fouls:
1. Hitting (punching and kicking) below the navel or behind the ear.
2. Hitting an opponent who is down or is getting up after being down.
3. Holding an opponent with one hand and hitting with the other.
4. Holding or deliberately maintaining a clinch.
5. Striking an opponent after being instructed by the referee to a neutral corner. 6. Butting with the head or shoulder or using the knee.
7. Hitting with the open glove, the butt of the hand, the wrist or the elbow.
8. Purposely going down without being hit.
9. Jabbing the opponent's eyes with the thumb of the glove.
10. Using abusive language in the ring/tatami.
11. Engaging in any unsportsmanlike conduct including, but not limited to, a trick or other action which causes injury to an opponent.
12. Hitting on the break.
13. Hitting after the bell has sounded signalling the end of the round.
14. Hitting an opponent whose head is between or outside of the ropes.
15. Pushing an opponent.
16. Intentionally spitting out the mouthpiece/gum guard.
17. Biting or spitting.
18. Not following referee's instructions.
19. Stepping on opponent.
20. Leaving neutral corner. In case of any unauthorized techniques being used the fighter will be disqualified. In the case of accidental use of unauthorized techniques, a warning will be issued. Head guard is not mandatory.
G. RCFA Weight Divisions for Amateurs:
Junior under: 20kg, 25kg, 30kg, 35kg, 40kg, 45kg, 50kg, 55kg, 60kg, 65kg, 70kg, 75kg, 80kg, 80kg+ open When matching take also the ages in consideration for fair matchmaking.
Senior under: 50kg, 55kg, 60kg, 65kg, 70kg, 75kg, 82kg, 90kg, 90kg+ open
Professionals: Only from 18 years old Under: 50kg, 55kg, 60kg, 65kg, 70kg, 75kg, 82kg, 90kg, 90kg+ open